Seeking as for hidden treasure. - Here is the Bible study questions for John chapter 11.
You can download the PDF file here (John 11, Bible Study). (Right click and select the save option to save it to your computer. Clicking the link will likely load the pdf in your browser.)
(Added 2006.05.22: For download of the complete Bible study [all 21 chapters] follow this link.)
If you find the Bible studies helpful in your growth in the Lord, please consider giving a donation through the button below. Right now all donations will be used to pay for the week long mission trip I'm taking in July to Tampa where I will be working with an organization that ministers to migrant workers, homeless, needy, and children. I've not been notified of the final cost by our group leader yet, but it's expected to be around $400-$450. Thank you.
And here are the questions contained in this study along with a quote I found in preparation:
"We must wait for God, long, meekly, in the wind and wet, in the thunder and lightning, in the cold and the dark. Wait, and He will come. He never comes to those that do not wait. He does not go their road. When He comes, go with Him, but go slowly, fall a little behind; when He quickens His pace, be sure of it, before you quicken yours. But when He slackens, slacken at once: and do not be slow only, but silent, very silent, for He is God." F.W. Faber, Growth in Holiness.
- Read through the questions of this Bible study. Now read chapter 11 of John and write down any questions and insights that come to you.
- What can we learn from this chapter about the relationship that Jesus had with Lazarus, Mary, and Martha? Also see John 12:3, Luke 7:38, Luke 10:38-42.
- About how far was Christ from Bethany?
- What does verse 3 tell us about Martha and Mary?
- Why did Jesus not rush to heal Lazarus? Verses 4-8.
- What do you think Christ did during those two days of waiting? Consider verses 41-42.
- If Lazarus's sickness didn't end in "death," what did it end in and what "death" is Christ speaking of in verse 4? Verses 4-14.
- What does Christ mean in verses 9-10?
- Despite the danger for Christ in returning to Judea, since the disciples couldn't talk Him out of going back they decided to go with Him, "that we may die with Him." Verse 16. Compare this commitment to the lack of commitment the disciples had when Christ was finally arrested and crucified. Why might their commitment have changed?
- What do we learn from verse 17 about Lazarus's death and the time when the message arrived where Jesus was staying?
- What do we learn about Martha's faith from her exchange with Christ in verses 20-27?
- Stop and think upon verses 25-26? Where is the power in this statement? What is the power in this statement for us?
- Knowing what was about to happen, why did Christ weep? Verses 28-39.
- What did Jesus do when they removed the stone? Verses 41-43.
- What is the reaction of the Pharisees to this miracle? Verses 45-57.
- What do we learn from verses 49-53, about the Pharisees and also about God?
- What was laid upon your heart in this chapter?
May the Holy Spirit guide and lead you in your desire to know Christ more fully.
Related Posts:Bible Study, Gospel of John Chapter 1.
Bible Study, Gospel of John Chapter 2
Bible Study, Gospel of John Chapter 3
Bible Study, Gospel of John Chapter 4.
Bible Study, Gospel of John Chapter 5.
Bible Study, Gospel of John Chapter 6.
Bible Study, Gospel of John Chapter 7.
Bible Study, Gospel of John Chapter 8.
Bible Study, Gospel of John Chapter 9.
Bible Study, Gospel of John Chapter 10.