Seeking as for hidden treasure. - Here's the adult Bible study for chapter two of James I put together for my church group.
You can download it by right clicking and saving here: Bible Study - James 2.
Here are the questions asked.
- Read James 2 and write down any questions or insights that you have.
- What is favoritism? Verses 1-4. See Jude 16, too.
- Why does James speak of favoritism as being a sin?
- Why/How is it that when we break one of the laws we break all of them? Verse 5-11.
- What is "mercy?" Why should we make a practice of it? Verses 12-13.
- James makes several negative and positive comparisons concerning faith and deeds. Can you list them? Verses 14-26. Negative comparisons. Positive comparisons.
- How does the instruction on faith and deeds/works relate to the first half of this chapter? Verses 14-26.
- Why is faith by itself dead with out works? Verse 17.
- If faith by itself without works is dead, is works by itself without faith dead?
- Out of what type of attitude should our deeds/works come in relation to our faith?
May the Lord bless you as you study His word.