Studying His Word. - It's been a long while since I posted a Bible study. The reason is we've been doing a DVD seminar so I've not had to prepare any Bible studies. But tonight we're back to a normal Bible study schedule. We're studying James.
Here's the questions for the first chapter. Right click and save the pdf file.
- Read James chapter 1. Write down any questions that you have.
- To whom was this letter initially written? Verse 1.
- Why are we commended to count the many "trials/temptations" that assail us a joy? Verses 2-4.
- Can you think of examples of this in your own life?
- In your words what is the message of verses 5-8?
- Are the temptations written of in verses 13-15 the same as those mentioned in verse 2?
- What stands out most to you about our heavenly Father in verses 16-18?
- Why is it that man's anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires? Verse 19-27?
- Why is it important to keep a tight rein on one's tongue? Verse 26-27. See also Matt 15:11.
- What is impressed upon you the most from this chapter?